Mother's Day weekend we went and watched Miss Josie in her recital. She did such a good job. Last year she just kinda stood there and didn't move much. This year, she moved and grooved. Her teachers gave the girls trophies and the end of their performance and Josie smiled the biggest smile and held hers up in the air.. She was super proud and it was such a cute moment.
We love this girl.
On Sunday, Mother's Day, we went to Crossville to the McShan twins dedication. What a great day for parents to give their little ones to the Lord.
We love these four people and are blessed to call them friends. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for our families as we continue to raise our children together.
{See Maeve poking out? She's getting on out there these days!}
When we went to get Asher from the nursery after the church service he was asleep on a ladies chest. What? Wait? My son? He never ever falls asleep while being held, ever. When I picked him up he felt kinda hot but we figured it was just from laying on someone for a while. We headed to Travis' parent's house for a Mother's Day lunch and everything went down hill from there...
Trying to get one picture of my man and Me on our second Mother's Day.
Asher slept for about an hour plus in the car (which never happens anymore) while we took turns walking back and forth to check on him. Once he woke up, he was not a happy camper. He cried and cried. We took his temperature and it was well over 100. We quickly loaded up the car and headed to get some meds and get him home. No one wants to be anywhere but home when they are sick. He continued to run a fever throughout the day and just didn't act himself. He's currently getting three teeth so we wondered if that was the issue. He's never ever "teethed" before but we were hoping it was teeth and nothing serious.
Poor guy fell asleep while eating a snack in the car.
He spent the rest of the day snuggled up to one of us on the couch.
After a very restless night, he woke up still running a fever. GJ went with me to take him to the doctor, have I mentioned how grateful I am that I live so close to my parents? We spent over two hours at the doctor while Asher was looked at, gave blood, had X-rays and poked some more. Dr. Lin was a bit stumped because test were coming back negative. His white blood count was extremely high so they gave him a ridiculously huge shot of antibiotics and said, "come back tomorrow and we will check his count again". After yet another terrible night, we made our way back to the doctor. His count had gone down but not as much as Dr. Lin would like so we were sent home with a ten-day antibiotic.
Within a day or so of the shot, our man was acting better. Within a few days of the medicine he was acting normal. Praise the Lord.
We are still taking his antibiotic and hope to kick this thing in the butt. Watching your child cry in pain is terrible. I never knew true love until him. I never knew pain until him. There's so much that he has taught me. Being his Mom has shown me how to whole-heartedly love not only my God but my husband. Being his Mom has shown me what fear really looks like. I've never prayed so much in my life as I have over these past 26 months. The moment I found out about him my life changed. Being a Mom isn't always easy and fun but it's by far the best thing I've ever done in my life. Thank you God for choosing Me, thank you Travis for giving me this gift and thank you Asher for loving me no matter what.




1 comment:
Josie B looks so cute in her ballernia outfit!
Post a Comment