Tuesday, May 28, 2013

26 weeks {baby #2}

Little Maeve has been growing inside my belly for 26 weeks now.  Time is flying by with this pregnancy.  Since I'm constantly chasing a toddler, I often forget that I'm pregnant.  I'm feeling pretty good these days.  Besides the sun making each day hotter and hotter, I cannot complain.  I stocked up on maternity shorts and tanks to get me through the summer.  I've sported a bikini around our pool, when it's just close friends and family around, and my belly quickly got burnt.  Note to self: pregnant bodies burn!  And they burn super quickly!  Lesson learned.  Something that's different with my body this time around is my heart.  A few weeks ago I started noticing that my heart would begin racing out of no where.  It scared me to death because it honestly felt like I was going to have a heart attack.  It always happened when I was doing nothing.  Lying around or laying down in bed.  I went to my primary care doctor and OB and had lots of tests run, wore a 24 hour heart monitor and in the end everything came back normal.  Besides the little heart murmur that I have, it should all go away once Maeve is here.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does and I'm thankful for the nights that I can go to sleep on two pillows instead of four.  Maeve is still pretty active.  She has her moments when she's very still and it scares me to death.  I poke and push on my belly until she gives me a little kick.  She's really low.  Asher was high and kinda everywhere.  Maeve tends to stay very low.  She knows when Asher is on my lap.  She kicks a lot when he's leaning against my belly.   

Happy 26 weeks Maeve Caroline.




We are slowly getting things together for her room.  My sister recently gave us Josie and Charlie's old crib.  It was brown and we painted it white.  I knew if I was having a girl I wanted to go white.  I love love the way it turned out and cannot wait to get everything for her bed together..

What we have so far..  



No comments: