Guess who starts going to Mother's Day out one day a week on June 4?? Yep, this guy!! I We are so excited about this. I've been wanting to get Asher involved in some type of program for a while. Being a teacher I know how important social interaction and placing little ones in a learning environment is. We have found the perfect place and cannot wait for him to start. At first he is going to go just one day a week. Once Miss Maeve gets here, he will start going two days.
I know without a doubt that he is going to love school. He absolutely loves being around other kiddos and enjoys the nursery at church. He is quiet the little sponge right now and I know he's going to learn so much.
Let me brag about my smarty pants for just a minute. {Plus I don't ever want to forget what he's doing at this age, it is the best age after all.}
He loves waving to cars, people, plants, animals basically whatever and say "hiiiii". He hears the cars driving up our street and will wave and say hi.
He knows when you go to the door that it means "bye bye". He does the cutest backwards wave. When he's leaving the room or wants to go outside he will do his backwards wave and say "bye".
When he eats something he finds yummy he smiles and says, "mmmmm".
He knows the difference between milk and juice and will push it away if he doesn't want it. He's normally pushing away the milk and reaching for the juice.
When he spots something he wants, his eyes get big and he makes an "o" face and says, "ooo".
He knows when we let Reecie out to go potty to open the door and then close it. Letting her out doesn't mean we get to go outside to play. He will knock on the door to get her attention to come back inside.
He will walk to his bedroom whenever I say, "let's go change your diaper" or "let's go take a nap". He does sometimes walk all the way back to his room and then once we get inside try to run out really quickly.
He says "yayyyyy" whenever he does something he's proud of and claps.
He knows how to use his foot and flip on the switch that clicks on his humidifier and monitor.
He knows how to blow the sweetest kisses and say "muah".
He walks over to our shoe basket whenever you say, "let's go outside, get your shoes".
He quickly walks into the kitchen whenever you say, "you want a snack?"
He knows that he cannot walk on our porch without holding Mommy's hand and that he has to take one step at a time.
He copies sounds that we make and tries to mock our words/sounds.
He is the king of high-fives.
He's super observant and wants to know how everything works.
He can spot any electronic object a mile away.
When he hears our alarm beeping saying that one of our outside doors is opened, he runs to the door.
He will walk inside his play area whenever you say, "go play". He doesn't always want to shut the door. He will play longer if the door is closed and not locked.
He knows how to turn the water off and on in the bath. He learned very quickly which way was hot and which was cold.
I know I'm forgetting something but I tried to list as much as possible. He's doing so much and changing by the minute. I don't want to forget anything...
I'll let you know how his first day goes! In the meantime, I'll be busy getting all of his fun school things together. I've already ordered dishwasher safe labels and a nap mat. He already has a backpack and lunchbox that are ready to use! I might go a little overboard but I cannot help it. And I'm not ashamed.
No comments:
Post a Comment