Monday, March 25, 2013

25 pounder

My big boy had his 15 month appointment last week.  He's doing perfect.  Words from the doctor, not his Mommy.  He's about 25lbs which is in the 50 percentile, he's 32in log which is in the 75 percentile.  

He's wearing 18-24 month shirts and 18 month pants.  We have to roll his pants because they are so long but 12 months look like he's sportin' manpris. 

Dr. Lin was proud that he's off the bottle and eating like a grown-man.  He now wants us to work on taking the pacis away.  Not sure I'm ready for this task.  He only uses his pacis while sleeping, they live in his crib.  He does so well and loves sucking on one Wub while playing with another.  We will think about taking them away but not right now.

Asher has been biting me lately.  He will love all over me then take a nice little bite out of my arm, leg, neck, etc.  He then pulls my hair as hard as he can.  He has a death grip.  He laughs and thinks it's hilarious.  Not so funny son, not so funny.   I talked to Dr. Lin and he gave me some suggestions.  He said to say, "Ouch, that hurts" that way he knows it's causing pain.  He also mentioned pulling him away from the situation and having him sit for a minute.  Having a time out spot.  We are working on this.  Of course he hasn't bit me or pulled my hair since last week... I think he knows that I talked to the doctor about him.  But we are prepared and know what to do when this little monkey comes a bitin'.  

At 15 months he's still the happiest kid on the block.  We are blessed.

Cutest boy I know..


No comments: