Travis has been Dr.Travis Sisco for almost a week. Isn't that crazy? I can remember getting the news that he was accepted into dental school like it was yesterday. He was so excited and all I could do was cry. I didn't want to move away from family and friends. Little did I know that Memphis was going to bring me a "Family of Friends".
Travis, Asher and myself headed to Memphis on the Tuesday of graduation week. We wanted a day or so to spend with our friends before all of our families rolled into town.
The D4 class had their last class party on Tuesday night.
Asher and Aven. I think he wants a hug.
Our wonderful family of friends. Yes, we took our babies to the party.
After the party, we spent the night with Kyle and Courtney. I didn't take any pictures because we got there just in time for bath and bed. Asher loved playing with the McShans one last time before their babies arrived. (James and Mattie Rose were born yesterday!! (I will share a picture on a later post.)
Wednesday we spent the day with Julie and Kate. We layed on the couch and visited with our friends while waiting for our families to arrive in Memphis.
That night we headed to Tunica to our hotel. Since we no longer have a house for everyone to stay in, we all had to get hotel rooms. Asher did an amazing job! This was his first time in a hotel. I was a little nervous about his sleeping. We were on Central time and sleeping in the same room with him. He was going to bed almost 2 hours later than normal, in a strange place and with Mommy and Daddy in the same room. Did it bother this boy? Nope. He slept like a rock! We were so grateful.
I love staying in a hotel!!
The Hooding Ceremony was on Thursday.
Asher was a little bored and ready to get this over with.
Each student picks a "hooder". It can be a professor or another dentist. The students would walk on stage, get hooded and then pick up any awards earned.
Travis asked his discipler, JB, to hood him. Travis, along with three other guys, have met with JB and learned how to become and reproduce disciples of Jesus.
Lauren hooding Chip.
Such a sweet moment!
Chip, Charles and Travis
Sean, Brent, JB, Travis and Nate.
His discipleship group.
Puryear family
Trav's parents and my parents, all are so proud of him!
These two boys own my heart.
Travis with his Mom.
After the ceremony we were starving and wanted nothing other than the best. Central BBQ. We are going to miss this place like crazy. Thank goodness they ship! We will be enjoying their delicious bbq here in East Tennessee at some point.
I had to take a picture of my cute matching parents.
Friday was the day! The day he officially added the D.D.S. to the end of his name.
Little Dr. Sisco was ready for the big event!
Current and future Drs?
Maybe?
Maybe?
These men love their babies.
We are so glad our parents were there to celebrate with us!
Two of my best friends and Asher's first girlfriends.
These people are the reason I loved Memphis so much. They became our "Family of Friends". We made so many wonderful memories together. We have laughed together, cried together, laughed until we cried, started families together, the list goes on. I thank God for bringing them in my life. I cannot wait until we go on many vacations together.
The Drs Trammell
Us with Trav's Mom and Dad
Ready to watch the Daddies become Drs.
We crowded together at the end of the row.
Quick exists are a must with this crew.
Quick exists are a must with this crew.
Dr. Puryear
Dr. Sisco
Dr. Trammell
Can you tell we had been crying? We all snuck out after the boys walked and were saying our good-byes. Tears. I love these two girls and miss living just a block away.
Waiting on graduation to be over so that we can head East. I was trying to get a good picture of Asher showing off his Dr.Sisco on his scrubs!
Memphis, thank you for a wonderful four years. Travis and I are forever changed because of the time we spent living there and all of the people we met. We came to Memphis in our mid-20s and somewhat freshly married. We left Memphis with one of us in our 30s, married almost 6 years and with a 5 month old baby boy. You helped as grow as individuals, as a couple, and most importantly as Christians. We will forever be grateful.
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting." Psalm 136:1

































1 comment:
Ok, ok, ok. No more posts like this, I'm laying in bed crying! I miss yall!!!!!!!! Love you Sisco family!
Post a Comment