Friday, January 16, 2009

Do Your Best, Forget The Rest.....

WOW!!!  Travis and I decided it was time to get busy and really get to working out (previous post...Jennifer Aniston).  We wanted something we could do together and do at home.  We have a gym at our apartment but it is always crazy busy!  He studies all the time and needs to stay close by the books!  We decided to try...P90X.  It is an extreme at home workout program!  You have to commit to the program for 90 days.  You work out 6 days and take a 1 day break and then start all over again!  Each work out is an hour.  Yoga is an hour and a half and every other day you do the Ab Ripper X (which is ridiculous!) and that adds another 15 minutes.  The workouts include shoulders, chest, back, arms, legs, abs, yoga, plyometrics, kenpo, full body, and cardio.  I think I got them all.  You rotate every three weeks with new routines.  Travis and I are now on day 6!  We have been busting it and working out as soon as we get home at night, before dinner.  It has been great, it's actually kind of fun!  I am not going to lie, the first few days were brutal and I was, still am incredibly sore.  But we are getting more use to it, day 3 of Ab Ripper was much easier then day 1.  I don't think I made it through half of day 1!! ha.  I'm excited.  =)  I am in a wedding in May and have Jennifer Aniston as my goal.  The motto for P90X is "Do Your Best, Forget The Rest!" 

2 comments:

Kendall Jones said...

ughhhhhhh. We started day one yesterday. I can feel the pain! But, all I can say to that is "Bring it" for round 2!

The White Family said...

We started this about a 2 weeks ago. I could barely dress myself after the first few days! I was so sore. I stuck with it for about a week and then took a break for a few days. Brad does really good. Now I'm trying to get back in it!! Good luck!!!