I'm in love with our new table! In.Love. For the past six years, we used a table that Trav's aunt and uncle gave us. When we were about to move, the first thing I said I wanted to purchase was a new table. I started looking around and found the one that I wanted to be mine at Rooms to Go. Thank you Cindy Crawford! We had lived here probably two weeks or so, didn't have anything up on the walls but I had a new table. I was happy.
Until now, we never really ate around the table. In Memphis we always ate in front of the tv. Terrible terrible I know. But we both knew that when we had little ones we wanted to have dinner around the table every night. Those are some of my favorite childhood memories. Talking with my Mom, Dad and my sister every night while we ate a home cooked meal. I know without a doubt that is why my family is so close. Mom and Dad were very involved with our lives and what we had going on. I've always felt like I could tell my parents anything. No matter what it was. I never felt the need to keep anything from them or to lie. I remember one time I tried to lie to them, I ended up sitting on the edge of their bed crying and confessing the truth. The way they would just talk to us every night and were honestly interested in what we had to say made me want to be open and honest with them. I want that! I want that for my little family. I want Asher to feel like he can come to me for whatever. I want him to tell me everything, the good, the bad and the ugly. I want him to see the good that comes out of a family sitting around a table, saying a prayer and then talking about how their day was. When I look at my new kitchen table, that's what I see and want.
Ever since we've moved into our new house, that is what we have done. We have sat down together, just the three of us and enjoyed dinner together. It's the best.
My table is a little funky. It's not the typical dinner table. I didn't want that. I wanted color and life. I wanted friendly. I wanted white and fresh. {That's the theme I'm going for in this new house of ours.} It can seat eight people. We have five different colors of chairs. We have two blue which are currently at our bar, two red, two white, one green and one black. I love the white base and legs. I love the fact that we can switch the arrangement of the chairs at anytime and it look like a new piece of furniture. When I was imagining a table I wanted for my house, I kept going back to the table on FRIENDS. Each chair was different. I loved that. I wanted that. Now I have that in my house and it fits perfectly.


No comments:
Post a Comment