Tuesday, May 17, 2011

flooding update

I just realized that I posted about the flood, showed pictures, asked for prayers but then never gave an update...

First, I want to say thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers! They worked! The power of prayer is amazing. We never got evacuated from our home and the Island was never completely closed. We feel truly blessed that our home is dry and safe and that we never had to leave.

Many Memphians are still living in shelters and are still cleaning up from the flood. Hwy 51 @ Watkins, the road I said was my normal route to school, opened back up on Monday. There are still homes and businesses in that area that still have water in them. Please keep praying for Memphis and for the people in Louisiana who are being effected.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18"


No comments: