Last Thursday, I decided to get my hair cut. Travis has been asking me to cut my hair for a LONG time..so I finally gave in. I am always going back and forth with long and short hair. When it's short I want it long and vice versa. I also get real antsy and impulsive about decisions and have to have it/done it yesterday. So I went to a hair salon on the Island on Thursday and showed the lady a picture of Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland (if anyone watched the CMAs last week..that hair style was my target). Long story short, I walked in at 5:00 and walked out at 5:23. Think about how long my hair was-she cut between 7-9 inches (not quite long enough for "Locks of Love" because of my a layers). I went straight home and freaked out. I looked at my SHORT and various, odd LAYERED hair. I almost had a mini-mullet going on. I don't know what she saw when she looked at the picture of Jennifer Nettles but it wasn't what she gave me!!! I was so upset and desperate to somewhat fix my hair that at 11:00 I let Travis pick up a pair of scissors and "try" to fix the longer mullet layers in the back.
I went to school on Friday, hair UP in a tiny tiny ponytail and didn't let anyone see my hair. Some of the girls at school knew I had my hair cut but I wouldn't let them see!!! As soon as school was out, I went to Hair For You, where one of my student's mom works and said, "HELP ME!!" She fixed the longer layers in the back and evened out the other layers. Needless to say my hair is MUCH MUCH shorter than I ever imagined but it's just hair and it will grow back. I am part of a wives/fiances/girlfriends of medical and dental students Bible study group and we are knitting hats for patients and I started to realize how selfish I was being about my hair. I feel very terrible for being so petty about this "problem". So it may not be what I had in mind but I am very blessed to have this problem.
2 comments:
love the new do kayla...it looks really good on you!
Oh Kayla!! I love it!! It looks really good On you!! I wanna Know if Travis helped out any on cutting your hair some more!?!?!?!? ha
Post a Comment