Saturday, March 12, 2011

my sister the rock star

Let me start off by telling my sister how much I love her and how incredible she is!

Ok, now I will tell the whole story:

For the past few weeks, the doctor has been watching Charlie very closely. Summer's been going in every Monday to get his heart checked and every Thursday for an ultrasound. Her doctor was just concerned that he was a little small. On Thursday afternoon, the doctor decided to have Summer come in the next morning to be induced. Charlie's original due date was March 25.

Sum shares this news with me while I am at school. I tell my little friends that I need to run to the office really quick and that I will be right back. To make this story short, I start crying because I am so excited but so upset that I am 6 hours away. My amazing principals say, "don't worry, leave and go now!" So I bolt out the door, speed home, throw some stuff in a bag and hit the road alone. (Travis had school the next day and couldn't skip. He and Reecie rode home with Charles and Julie! Thanks again Friends.)

I get to Summer's late Thursday night.

Summer and Mike go to the hospital at 5:30am to get checked-in and all that good stuff, I get there about 7:30am. For the next few hours, the three of us just hang out for a little bit.



Around 12:35-12:40, Sum said that she was feeling some pressure and thought it was time. The nurse walks in the door, checks her and says, "Oh my gosh, do not push! You are about to have this baby!!"

Game time!

I go to the left side and Mike goes to the right. Her doctor comes in at 12:45 and at 12:51 Charlie is here. Yep. Just a few pushes and minutes later they had their little boy.

Like I said, my sister is a freaking rock star!

It was the most incredible amazing experience. There are no right words to describe it. I don't know how someone could watch a child being born and not believe in God. It's all because of Him that Charlie is here and perfect.

I am so glad that I was there the moment Charlie was brought into this world. He and I have a special bond. I was there the day Summer found out she was pregnant. I was at the ultrasound appointment when she found out that she was having this little man. And now I was there the moment he was born.

We are so grateful for an awesome God who watched over Sum and Charlie. We thank Him for keeping his loving arms around them. God is good.

1 minute old.


19.5 inches.


Proud parents.


Loves her little Man.


Loving this little boy!


Cousin Katie came by to meet Charlie.



All bundled up.


No one knew how Josie B. was going to act when she saw her "baby bruder" for the first time. She wasn't so sure about him. She's a little more used to him now.


Josie loves her Momma.


After getting his first round of shots and bath!


Stretch....


So sweet.


She said, "Come on KeKe!"


Let me quickly tell you about my crazy parents! Last Monday they went to Turks and Caicos with some of our family. Mom just knew that Summer was not going to have Charlie early. They weren't suppose to come home until Saturday night but once they got word that Charlie was coming on Friday, the found another flight and got home late Friday night! Crazy!

Papaw Jimbo and his little Man.


Charlie loves his GJ.


Yummy cupcakes brought by Hayley!


My favorite girl.


This is just a few pictures from the first two days of Charlie's life. Be prepared for many many more pictures and posts!



2 comments:

carrie helle curry said...

So sweet....summer told me she was going in Friday morning and I just so happen to have a doctors a appt there at 9:30am I walked over to the waiting room afterwards and didn't see anyone waiting! But you explained why:) can't wait for my charlie to meet your charlie! 2 more weeks.

Kelly said...

He is so sweet, Kayla! Glad he is here and healthy! Heath always says the same thing about watching a baby being born. It truly is a miracle and proof that God is here and he is amazing!